Want to be a marketer? Well, make sure you know what it truly means. To become a successful marketer it is no longer about developing a catchy ad campaign that you will shout from the roof tops. Marketing has evolved into a combination of artistry and science. The modern marketer must have a strategic and analytical mind dedicated to measurable metrics but that is always craving a creative outlet.
Take a look at what you need to be a successful modern marketer in the infographic below. A marketer must:
- Be a creative writer
- Have an eye for great visual content
- Understand the power of social media for engaging with consumers
- Live by the rules and best practices of email marketing
- Be Dedicated to tracking and measuring all marketing efforts
- Enjoy using analytics tools to understand data and visualize trends
- Be a budgeting maven
- Never stop looking for new tools and resources to understand consumers
But, even though being a modern marketer means not thinking like the advertising minds of the Mad Men characters, it does not mean you can't dress like them!
Infographic by Matt Wesson, is a Marketing Content Specialist at Pardot.