It's every marketer and business leaders' dream to have crystal ball that can predict the future. Imagine having the knowledge to know exactly where to invest your time, resource and budget to bring the maximum return in all facets of product, service, digital, social and content marketing.
Unfortunately the chances of any of us finding that digital marketing crystal ball are slim to zero.
However, the fun part is we can all predict what we believe can happen. We can base these predictions on data, experience and our gut feeling. Smart marketers know their audience and know how to selectively choose the right social and digital platforms, content channels and communication mediums to inspire their customers to connect with them. They know how to tap into the power of earned, owned and paid media to drive more than clicks, and to build community and grow brand awareness. They know how to invest in influencer marketing relationships, not just influencers who will tweet for them for a single, one-night show.
So what'll happen in 2016 in the world of digital and social marketing? The good news is even though I can't deliver you a magical digital marketing crystal ball, I can offer you my predictions based on experience working with brands ranging from well-funded start-ups to Fortune 10 brands.
Check out the 192nd episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 12 Digital Marketing and Social Media Predictions for 2016. Included in the episode is strategic insight, direction, and recommendations on tactics for brands to embrace the new year and business planning with the knowledge needed to drive success and measurable results in 2016 and beyond.
In this 30 minute podcast you will learn:
- My top 12 social media and digital marketing predictions for 2016.
- Video will obviously be big - okay, huge - in 2016. Learn how brands can be ready.
- Why video will be both more raw and more formal in 2016.
- The importance of working with earned, paid and owned media.
- Why many brands will take influencer marketing more seriously in 2016.
- Content marketing will get even noisier - are you ready?
- The winning brands who break through the noise will do so because of an integrated strategy, knowing their audience and selecting the right tactics and platform.
- Embracing the 'pay-to-play' media model on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and more.
- Why Facebook will continue to reign.
- Why I think the jury is still out for Snapchat in 2016.
- Communities will continue to be more formalized. I also predicted this in 2014. Brands are still learning in this area.
- Visual marketing will continue to be big, but quality, inspiration and emotional branding will reign in 2016.
- User experience is your brand. Brands must embrace designing the best user experience for their audience, readers, listeners, community and customers in 2016.
- Mobile first has been a requirement for several years - some brands are still learning this.
- Why omnichannel marketing is a requirement, not an option, for many retail and other brands.
- 2016 Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche)
- Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Podcast Tutorial (episode 189)
- 17 Social Business and Social Media 2014 Predictions
- 12 Social Business Shifts Marketers Must Get Right in 2014
- Earned, Owned an Paid Media in a Nutshell
- Influencer Marketing in a Nutshell
- 10 Habits Highly Effective Social Media Marketing Leaders
- How to Get Your Social Marketing Budget Approved (podcast)
- How to Get Your Social Marketing Budget Approved (white paper)
- Content Marketing in a Nutshell
- 7 Metrics to Measure Value of Your Content in the Inspiration Age (episode 173)
Free webinars: We're also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media - Building Your Media Foundation
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
This post originally appeared on Pam Moore's blog