Welcome to the inspiration age - where connecting with your audience and communities is not an option, but a requirement for business and life.
What is the inspiration age and why should it matter to you and your business? We answer these questions and more in episode 170 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast. Take a listen and learn what the inspiration age is as well as 8 solid strategies and tips to inspire your audience.
You must learn how to embrace the inspiration age to grow your business, nurture relationships, earn trust, establish authority and most importantly touch the hearts of the people you want to bring closer to your brand.
Coming out of the information age it was easier to put most marketing tactics and strategies in a box. Brands with big budgets could simply throw money at advertising agencies, and the remainder at more predictable marketing mediums such as traditional media, direct mail and email marketing.
However, times are changing drastically. Now it's practically a free for all. We are all the media. The world is noisy on and offline. It's more difficult than ever to stand out from the crowd, to rise above the noise and to earn trust and connect with hearts. We can communicate anyway we want. We can communicate how, when and where we want... and so can our audience.
You do not own your audience. You do not own your social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat even if they're following you, Like you or share snaps with you.
Your audience is not there to serve you. You are there to serve your audience, period.
You must engage. You must be a contributing, healthy part of the conversation. You must be able to serve up consistent, unique and relevant value. You must earn trust and continually nurture their spirit, heart and bank account.
You must learn how to serve the data, knowledge and inspiration your audience and communities yearn for.
In this 30 minute podcast you will learn:
- Inspiration age defined
- How to inspire your audience by connecting with the needs and desires at an individual level
- Why earning trust is a foundational requirement in the inspiration age
- The importance of humanizing your brand
- The difference between authenticity vs transparency
- Delivering timely, relevant, contextual content
- Why we can never master the heart of the human soul
- Understanding the people inspiration metrics
- Answering the most important questions, WHY
- Why you don't own your audience
- People don't just buy things, they join things
- Delivering an experience that inspires, engages, delights, educates, empowers and entertains
- Building an integrated digital and social platform that works when you're not working
- Why action is the social currency of today
- 50 Ways to Inspire Your Audience (white paper)
- Social Trust Factor: Ignite Business Results with Trust and Authority
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell
- 20 Tips to Humanize Your Brand
- You Can't Fake Relevance
- Are You Creating, Curating, Regurgitating Content
- Social Media Audience Analysis Worksheet
- Content Calendar Template
- 4 Things You Need from Your Buyer Before You Can Sell to Them
- How to Add Call to Action Button to Facebook Business Page (blog post & video)
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
- 10 Tips to Focus on Needs of Your Customer
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media - Building Your Media Foundation
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
This post originally appeared on Pam Moore's blog