Welcome to the new face of Social Media Today. We've been preparing for this day for months now and we're so excited that it's finally here.
If this is the first post you're reading on the new site, I encourage you to go explore the layout and new features. What a great way to spend your Friday, right?
Here's a quick rundown of what's new to help you better navigate around the site.
On the homepage we have all the latest content displayed. The 'must-read' story of the day appears top and center with our five most read stories placed just to the right (or below if you're on mobile). Scroll down for more recent content or explore our 'Topics' section to select a category that most interests you.
Under 'Topics' you will see your favorite articles broken out into five categories:
- Social Media Updates - We cover any recent news and updates from social media platforms that are important for social media professionals like you to know.
- Trending - See the hottest trending topics in the industry and among readers.
- Social Marketing - This category contains all the insights, tips, best practices, and lessons from successful social media marketers.
- Digital Strategy - This topic is for all things digital marketing or digital business related. You can find content about SEO, analytics, email marketing, and related digital strategies here.
- Content Marketing - These articles provide insight and tips to help you create better content in order to be a successful inbound marketer.
Our Library section has a collection of webinars and whitepapers that may interest you. We have plans to expand this section to provide you with even more resources in the coming months.
You probably want to share your excitement. Tell your team, email your boss, call your mom - share the news with someone you know who loves SMT too.
Contributors will also see a much cleaner dashboard (but don't forget to first reset your password to recreate your account). "Write for Us" on the top right will either direct existing contributors to log in and submit a post, or direct new applicants to a form to apply to contribute. Learn more about what it means to contribute to SMT.
We hope you enjoy the new site as much as we do. This is the first major update of many to come and we're excited to hear your feedback. Tweet at us @socialmedia2day - we'll be eagerly waiting to hear your response.