3 Core Twitter Strategies That Will Never Die
Twitter followers will be more likely to retweet your content if they like, know, and trust you. But how does one do to develop a strong network on Twitter?
One way to think about building a stronger network on Twitter is to focus on three core Twitter strategies:
1. Search-Building Twitter Strategies
An important part of any online strategy is search. How will people find you when they want to find you now? How will people discover you when they're trying to solve a problem?
But how does Twitter help you get found?
- Tweets from highly influential users tend to rank higher in Twitter search results.
- Tweets linking to your website from highly influential users help increase your website's ranking on Google.
To build your organization's search profile with Twitter, pay particular attention to the prevalent keywords in each tweet.
- Use your focus keywords - especially when tweeting links to your website.
- Nurture relationships with influencers who care about your cause.
- Tweet hashtags that contain your keywords.
2. Raft-Building Twitter Strategies
Imagine you're whitewater rafting with a bunch of friend who each have their own rafts. The water is initially calm, but eventually you come to a place in the river where the rapids are much more intense. Being smart, you reach out and grab your friends' rafts pull them close to you. You tie them all together with a rope, creating one huge raft that will never flip over!
One of the best uses of Twitter is to build a strong community of mutually supportive advocates. For example, peer organizations working towards the same outcome. Together you can accomplish more than each of you can separately.
3. Klout-Building Twitter Strategies
Although it's not perfect, Klout is at least one number that quickly tells you if your influence is growing or shrinking. It can also show you who is influential among your network.
You can build Klout on Twitter in a number of different ways, but mostly by creating value for your followers:
- Share content that's valuable. You can't build Klout if you're mostly sharing garbage.
- Connect with other influencers in your cause who have a high Klout score. Use the Klout extension to display Klout scores on Twitter.com.
- Starting meaningful discussions by asking questions.
- Mention users with high Klout scores in your Tweets.
What do you think?
What's your best Twitter strategy? Post it in the comments below.
Follow John Haydon on Twitter