According to a recent survey, social media active brands are developing a very bad reputation for their non-existent customer service.
But what is the state of social media customer service experience exactly?
Here's a summary of the study Locowise did on customer support on Facebook:
- Locowise looked at more than 900 Facebook pages with almost 300 million page likes in total in the month of May.
- 51% of pages have enabled the ability for people to publish posts on their page timelines.
- 67% of pages got less than 10 posts each during the month. 29% of pages got between 10 and 99 posts during the month while only 4% of pages received 100 or more posts.
- There was only 1 post on average per 22,500 page likes that the page has.
- 65% of pages that enabled the publishing ability didn't respond to any of the posts. Not a single response to almost 4,000 posts.
- 87% of all posts across the board went unanswered.
- Active pages replied to 37% of all posts.
- 10.5% of pages that actively replied did respond to all the posts on their timelines but they all had 3 or less posts in total during the month.
- 33% of the people got the response within 60 minutes of posting.
How does the customer service that your brand provides compare to these numbers?