Tomeeka Farrington is principal & founder of Spotlight Communications. She has been hailed by The Boston Herald as "Boston's Public Relations Princess," awarded the Boston Business Journal's prestigious "40 under 40" award and she was named one of "30 Extraordinary Bostonians" by the Boston Event Guide. Tomeeka frequently speaks to groups which have included the following: the Department of Health and Human Services; Harvard University; the Boston Globe; HubSpot; the Ad Club Foundation; Boston College; Brandeis University; Tufts University; the Mass Bar Association; and UMass Boston.
As principal, Tomeeka spends much of her time traveling and educating organizations how to use social media marketing tools to help grow their business. She has launched several innovative social media campaigns for Spotlight's clients, including the Massachusetts Department of Transportation Aeronautics, Department of Health and Human Services Maternal and Child Health Bureau, in Washington, DC and the Prostate Health Education Network (PHEN).
Tomeeka is a 2006 graduate of the UMass Boston Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), and was appointed by Governor Deval Patrick to the Board of the Massachusetts Children's Trust Fund. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications from Boston College, and a Master of Arts in Broadcast Journalism and Public Affairs from American University in Washington D.C.
9 ARTICLES BY Tomeeka Farrington
- April 24, 2014 5 Simple Ways to Spring Clean and Declutter Your LinkedIn Profile
- Nov. 21, 2013 Don't You Dare Miss These Top Four Marketing Conferences in 2014
- Oct. 10, 2013 Seven Apps to Transform Your Mundane Office into a Thriving Remote-Accessed Powerhouse
- Oct. 10, 2013 Using Social Media to Market your "Unsexy" B2B Company [INFOGRAPHIC]
- May 22, 2013 5 Ways to Incorporate Visuals into Your Social Media for More Clicks, Hits, Oohs and Aahs
- April 30, 2013 Are You Addicted to Social Media? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- April 10, 2013 Five Organizational Must-Have Apps for the Entrepreneur on the Go
- April 3, 2013 The Move to Native Ads in 2013: Think Outside the Banner
- March 21, 2013 #HashtagsIn2013: A Hashtag How-To for Businesses