You've created the perfect marketing campaign - it's 100% in-tact and beautifully integrates social media marketing, video and visual marketing. Now you're ready to take it to market and let the world know about your offer.
You know Facebook advertising is the perfect platform to help get the word out and reach your target audiences, so you log into Facebook Ads Manager and spend the next hour setting up your campaign. You submit the ad for approval to Facebook and start dreaming about the increased brand awareness, new leads and even sales this new campaign's going to generate for you and your business. You head to dinner for a pre-celebration with a glass of wine.
Unfortunately, later that evening you get an email notification from Facebook informing you that your ad's not approved. “What the heck?” How could Facebook not approve your ad? The email states it violates their policy.
“What policy?” is your next thought.
Now you have to spend the next day reworking your campaign, supporting visuals and maybe even some of the video, depending on which creative and social assets you've included in your marketing program. Not exactly what you had planned for the next day or two, correct?
If this has ever happened to you, don't be too hard on yourself - instead, it's time you educate and empower yourself to better understand the Facebook advertising policies.
Yes, Facebook has what may seem like a ton of rules and guidelines, however the truth is that as a marketer or business owner, it's up to you understand them. Facebook's not going to force you to read the guidelines - instead, they're going to make the policies available to you, and it's your responsibility to not only learn where they are, but to read and understand them.
If you don't take the time to understand the Facebook policies - particularly for advertising - it will only hurt your efforts over and over again in the future. It's obviously much better to be proactive and take the time to understand the details.
Want to get a better understanding of how Facebook's ad policies work to avoid potential issues? Then take a listen to episode 210 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast, where I discuss all things Facebook ad rules.
In this podcast you will learn:
- The how and why of Facebook's advertising policies
- What types of content are on Facebook's prohibited list
- What types of content are on Facebook's restricted list
- The guidelines and restrictions around video content, specifically
- Facebook's various targeting guidelines and restrictions
- Considerations on relevancy, accuracy and landing pages
- The guidelines for Facebook lead ads
- Limitations on the use of Facebook brand assets
- The platform's data use restrictions
- Facebook Advertising Policies
- Facebook Advertising: Difference Between Boosted Post and Other Advertising Options
- Facebook Advertising: 5 Foundations for Success (Episode 1 of the “Welcome to the Pay to Play World” series)
- How to Choose and Prioritize Social Media Goals and Objectives
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche and social marketing strategy)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
This post was first published on Pam Moore's blog.