Social Fresh East 2014 was recently held in Orlando, Florida. Described as being "where serious social marketers come to network with their peers and stay on the bleeding edge of a fast-paced industry," the event brings together 500 marketers and some of the best and brightest minds in the space, including Jay Baer and Amber Naslund.
One of the speakers/presenters was Chris Moody, Director of Content & Social, Oracle Marketing Cloud (full disclosure: my employer). At the event, Chris sat down for a brief interview with Bernie Borges, founder and CEO of Find and Convert and host of the Social Business Engine show.
The full interview can be seen below.
Here are some highlights:
- Businesses have to start showing tangible ROI when it comes to social media
- More and more companies are shihfting their social media to be more strategic to align with overall business units
- The line between social media marketing and content marketing is becoming less and less blurry every day
- Those in the C-Suite need to be much more proactive in social media
- The days of C-Suite people having an intern handle social media for them are over; at least they need to be
- More and more employees who are socially active are taking on a training role in terms of helping other employees see the benefit of being more sociallly active themselves as a means to help the company as a whole