But some very successful companies have ignored this strategy. They have developed their own business model that has allowed them to earn money from their passion.
Here are 9 ways to make money from podcasting:
- Become a podcast consultant - Why not help those who are trying to get started with podcasting by hanging out your own shingle and offering your services?
- Start a full-service podcasting company like podango.
- Form a podcast network like PodTech and offer services as well.
- Charge for premium content - If your content is that valuable, charge for it
- Podcast advertising - Companies like Kiptronic will do audio ad insertions and share the revenue. They also do post read (listen) ads.
- Solicit donations from listeners - PayPal has an app you can put on your site that will allow folks to leave you a tip (think tipjar).
- Score valuable schwag - Barter with companies for things you need to keep your podcast series going.
- Employ a sponsorship model - An example here is MommyCast, which keeps its product recommendations really relevant to its audience.
- Build a huge following and sell your company - Wallstrip, which was bought by CBS, tapped into a huge audience, and it paid off.
Link to original post