Do you need a certain number of followers to be considered an expert in the subject you are blogging about?
If you are writing a personal blog about your life's adventures, are you not an expert in yourself? Who else could be more of an expert about you than you? With all of these questions being asked there are people out there, who stand out as expert writers in their blogs.
Only there is no right way to blog. The thing about blogging is anyone can do it. A blog is just an online journal. But the power of blogging has had a significant impact on thousands of businesses because it is an effective way to connect with customers or followers.
Becoming An Expert Blogger: It's All About The Content
How are expert industry bloggers able to accomplish this? It is all about the content. Powerful content creates followers, which in turn helps increase your SERP position.
When looking to become an expert blogger sometimes it is best to turn to the experts and see what they say about becoming an expert blogger. Express Writers has come up with ten tips of our own to help you become industry expert bloggers.
- Do Your Research. How does compelling content create followers? Authoritative content is copy that is well researched and beneficial, for whatever reason, to the readers that are triggered to the blog. If you want to become an expert, you have to do the research. That is the whole reason there is an educational system in the first place. Academic titles such as PhDs give off a particular status that this individual is, in fact, an expert in their field, why because they have conducted some original research to earn their title. But there are plenty of individuals out there that became experts without academic titles. With the Internet, there is no reason to not do some level of research to benefit your readers. If you want to be considered an industry expert in your blogs, you need to be constantly researching your industry.
- Be Useful. People will read your blog because it either entertains them or provides them with something they need. Your blog posts should teach them something, help them with their research, or entertain them. Without research, it is difficult to be useful to your readers. Ask yourself: How can I make my readers' lives better from reading this blog? If you have doubts about whether or not your blog is useful, then maybe it is time to do a little more research or create a new angle. Most of the time, the number of reads a post receives can rate the usefulness of a blog.
- Analyze Don't Reiterate. It is okay to quote other specialists in your industry, but don't just repeat what everyone else is saying. If you want to attract readers to your blog, you need to add something new to the landscape. One of the main purposes of an industry blog is to give yourself a voice in the industry. If you are only saying what everyone else is saying, that will not attract readers. When there is a new trend in your industry, customers will turn to you for your analysis because you are an expert in the field. If you are always referencing others, then they will simply turn to the people you are repeating.
- Follow Industry Trends. If you want to be considered an expert blogger, you need to write about what is going on in your field of expertise. If the government passes new regulations in your industry, you need to be quickly blogging to let your readers know how this will impact your company, industry, and customers. Whether the trends are good or bad, stay on top of them. Be the source of information your readers go to for answers about your industry. Twitter is an excellent place to stay on top of trends and connect with potential clients. As with all social media, there are ways to make the most out of your company's Twitter presence. Check out Express Writers tips on the subject.
- Be Consistent. There is nothing that will make you lose readership quicker, then failing to be consistent. If you publish your blog every Friday, and then suddenly you miss two Fridays in a row, your readers will think you have vanished and start searching for other avenues for the information they need. Consistency is important because it also keeps an open flow of communication and transparency with your audience, this is also one of the main reasons blogs are such an effective marketing tool.
- Answer Your Readers. Blogs are an open flow of communication with your audience, and this is also one of the main reasons blogs are such an effective marketing tool. Blogs give your company a transparent appearance with your potential customers. Comment sections are great places to generate new blog ideas and answer your readers' questions. Comment sections can also help you rate the effectiveness of your blog based on reader reactions. When your followers have questions, you should answer them. You are the expert, right? Teachers should teach because they are the experts at what they know.
- Share Your Secret Knowledge. The Internet gives us access to an unbelievable amount of information. There is no reason to think the information you possess about your industry should be locked away for no one to access. If you don't talk about it, someone else will. If you share knowledge, this is another great way to reach expert status by sharing this information with the masses. Of course, do not give away secrets that will jeopardize your business. If you want to give tips on how to create an awesome ebook, why not help your followers out and prove your experience at the same time.
- Don't be Afraid of Your Competitors. If you pretend like your competition does not exist, your readers will notice. Readers also do not enjoy when you spend all your time writing posts that bash your competition unless you are an MMA blogger than maybe bashing your opponent makes sense. Sometimes having an open dialogue about your competitors helps you legitimize your status as an industry expert. There is nothing wrong with complimenting or criticizing actions from within your industry by other companies. Your readers will appreciate your openness. In academia, this is how ideas develop; in open forums where experts criticize and compliment one another on their ideas. When the situation is a genuine learning environment, everyone involved can benefit. No matter if they are competitors or not.
- Does Your Blog Look Professional. There is a saying: "Dress like you want to be addressed." Well, the same mindset goes with your blog page. If your blog does not appear professional, then how do you expect your readers to respect it. If you are an expert in your industry, your blog should be dressed for success. Your site needs to be of a high quality. What is a high-quality site? There are many factors that make a site high quality. A general rule is if the service or business is not high quality, then the site will have difficulty being worthwhile. Here are some of the factors that make a site high quality.
- A high-quality site needs to be frequently updated
- Be professionally produced
- Have excellent user interface
- Be free from viruses and other deterrents
- Clearly identify the company's history, location, and contact information
- Have links to social media sites
- Attract and keep viewers on the site for at least a few minutes
It is not a random occurrence that successful companies seem always to have very professional and user-friendly websites. If you want your blog to be considered ahead of the pack, then it needs to give off that impression with everything from illustrations, writing, to content.
- Connect With Other Experts. When you are at the top of your industry, other industry experts will surround you. Linking and connecting to their blogs not only will help you look like an expert, but will also add benefits to your readers by showing them what other experts in the industry are saying about the topic. There are also SEO red flags when it comes to linking. Express Writers explains what types of links Google hates in a March blog. So, linking is different than connecting and establishing a network of experienced professionals within your industry. Networking with other experts in your industry will also help you in your writing by knowing there are always others out there to fact check you and make sure your content is accurate. For more information on how search engines define accurate content take a look at Express Writers blog on the topic.
The post Our Top 10 Strategies To Becoming An Expert Blogger appeared first on Express Writers.
blogger / shutterstock