Social media is such a great place for businesses, and you know that maximizing your profile by loading photographs, filling out your bio, and staying active are important.
However, what you might not know are some of social media's (best-kept) secrets that can seriously help boost your social media profile and get more engagement. Let's head into three social channels' hidden lairs of secrets to find things that you can begin using right now.
Facebook's Laboratory of Secrets!
You might think you know all that Facebook has to offer, but do you really? Let's take a look at three awesome, hidden features you should be using on Facebook! I found these excellent tips from HubSpot's blog about hidden social media features.
1. You Can Save Links on Facebook to View Later. This is a great way to keep a log of resources that you want to use in your blogs or share on social media. It is really handy for those of us who see something interesting but don't have the time to look at it. How does this maximize your profile? It gives you the chance to store several excellent resources that you can share in the future without forgetting what you saw. Neat, isn't it?
2. Manage Sections on Your Business Page. When you have people come to your Facebook page, you will want them to see specific things first. However, you probably think they will always have to see your "about" section first, which isn't quite what you want. A great way to maximize your profile is to manage your sections and put them in the order you want people to see! Want clients to see photos first? Then you can easily move that section to the top!
3. Do You Want to Poll Your Followers Easily? Updating your business page with status updates and photos can be great for engagement, but sometimes you just want to send out a simple, little poll. You may have found a number of free programs, but you don't like how they look or aren't sure you want to send your followers to those sites. Fret no more! You can actually ask your poll questions when you go to craft a status update on your business page. Now you can get even more client engagement on Facebook.
Pull the Book to Reveal Twitter's Secret Door!
When you look at Twitter, you see a lovely bookshelf filled with useful and viable information, but is that all there is? Pull that book, no, not that one, the other one, yes! Now you get to learn about three wonderful Twitter feature secrets you can use for your profile.
4. "Favorite" a Tweet to Save for Later. You've seen the feature to "favorite" tweets, and while it seems like Twitter's way to copy Facebook's "like," it actually serves a different purpose. Sure, you can favorite something you like, but you can also favorite things you'd like to save for later. You may see an interesting article, but don't have time to read it before sharing. Just favorite the tweet and come back when you have the chance! You can also use favorites as a way to curate information, allowing followers to peek at your favorite resources.
5. Have a Trend You Like? Then Follow it! You know that hashtags and trends are important on Twitter, which means you will want to follow a few. You don't have to keep searching for the hashtag and trend every time you log on though. Twitter has an excellent feature that allows you to follow certain keywords or hashtags when you use their free desktop app, "Tweetdeck." This is useful because it helps keep you "in-the-know" on trends without making you constantly search Twitter for your favorites.
6. Create a Custom Timeline with Tweetdeck. Honestly, Tweetdeck is a perfect tool and feature that a lot of people should be using. Another way it can help maximize your profile is that you can create a custom timeline that can be embedded on your website, and show people what you want them to see. How handy is that? Try it out on your blog or website!
Solve the Riddle and You Might Just Find What LinkedIn is Hiding!
Don't worry; you don't actually have to solve a riddle to uncover these awesome hidden features. All you have to do is read the next three items! Let's take a look at some stellar LinkedIn features you should be using.
7. Do Target Research with "Advanced People Search." You can do some quick, easy target research by simply using the "advanced people search" on LinkedIn. Don't let the name fool you; you don't need to search for a specific person. You can also search for keywords or different titles. The advanced portion lets you tweak the search further, giving you better, more tailored results.
8. Create a Company Page and Review Analytics. You might have a professional LinkedIn page for yourself, but do you have a company page? If you don't, it's time to create one and start using it to review analytics. This will help you know what you should be posting, and can also help you connect your business with other industry leaders. Look at all that networking you could be doing but are missing out on!
9. Joining Groups is Perfect for Visibility! This seems like a no-brainer, but you might not realize just how powerful a LinkedIn group can be. You can join up to 50 groups on LinkedIn, so take this opportunity to connect with people who have similar interests to help boost your profile and create connections. This will be great because you will not only meet people that you can work well with. You will also meet people who will be more than willing to share items from your site and any blogs you post to LinkedIn. Get active on your profile and create new, professional relationships!
Look at All That Treasure!
Just by using these great hidden gems, you can easily start boosting your profile and making it something your clients will enjoy. A great thing about these features is that you can go ahead and start using them right now. Go on, head on over to the social channels and start playing around to get some seriously awesome results.