The holiday season is beckoning and as an online entrepreneur, you must be thinking on how best to exploit the immense potential available. To get more traffic during this season, you have to be creative and innovative and one way of doing this is by leveraging on social media.
Whether you are talking of Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Easter Holiday, Black Friday or any other holiday, you have the power to capitalize on increased traffic using social media. You have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, Tumblr or Pinterest, where there is immense opportunity
Cracking the Numbers?
The National Retail Federation (NRF) figures say that holiday season sales keep on increasing every year by an average of 4%. This means you can make more money by tapping seasonal traffic. Pew Research reports that 72% of all internet users are on social media. Facebook has over 1.15 active members and Twitter boast 550 million users.
Drawing Seasonal Traffic Using Social Media
While the numbers might be impressive, you cannot say the same about using social media to draw traffic. Most business executives fall flat on their face trying to use social media to draw seasonal traffic. Here are simple tricks on getting this right:
· Know what you want: You must have some business focus, be it creating lasting relationships, marketing or just drawing any traffic. The trick lies in matching your business goals with social media users' expectations.
· Prepare early enough: When you start publicizing your seasonal offers early, you will have more tract than your competition. People tend to decide where to shop early and when they already know you are there they will not continue looking.
· Create landing pages: When users learn about your product from Facebook, they might want to know more hence the need for a landing page for popular products. A visit to http://dealpursue.com shows how to present hot deals in order to capture a visitor's attention.
· Cater for mobile users: Your page must be responsive for quick mobile browsing. Most social media users use their phones and hence you must cater for their browsing needs.
· Captivate users: The best way to draw traffic during a holiday season is by offering discounts, gifts and other such offers.
· Stay connected: One other way of making users feel appreciated is by staying up-to-date with the conversation. It is important to know what they say on social media and engaging them by offering more information or resolving issues.
· Get charitable: Social media is a community and if you show you are contributing to society, word will get around quickly. It shows that your company is not just about sales but also gives back to the community.
· Show your gratitude: Social media is all about interaction and if users are visiting your page, you need to show them your gratitude. For instance, you can post memes on your social media pages showing how grateful your company is for these interactions or just tweet about it.
It is also critical to be sensitive of cultural differences, to engage users in promotions and contests, as well as ensure your page has a holiday-themed promotion during this period. In essence, you have to stay connected in order to draw users to your page.