In the past, I've written various blogs about where you can get some great copywriting inspiration all the way from famous authors to TV shows and movies. Now, I want to look at different companies both large and small that have a great, successful social media presence, giving you the chance to see great campaigns out in the wild.
The first one I am going to look at is a book blog called Book Riot. It is still a relatively small site, but it does have a large reach and an incredible social media presence. Book Riot focuses on books, as you can tell by their name, but they reach out to multiple audiences with different tastes. This makes them an incredible example in a variety of ways, and I am going to look at how they have a successful social media presence that you might be able to learn a thing or two from.
How does this book blog have a great social media presence? Let's take a look at a few, awesome ways!
1. Book Riot Meets the Needs of All Book Lovers. One of the ways that Book Riot has such a successful social media presence is that they meet the needs of all of their audience. They make sure to reach out to everyone, provide things that interest a wide variety of people, and give pointers for those who are avid readers or those who have a hard time getting into a book. No matter what, you are likely to find the site runners talking about something you can relate to when it comes to reading, and you can also get great suggestions for future reads. They do this through their various social media accounts, as well as their blogs.
If you want to have a successful social media presence, you need to make sure you are reaching out to as wide an audience as possible to get the results you want. Tweet memes, picture, quotes, and interesting blogs that are likely to appeal to different people.
2. Book Riot Utilizes Twitter to Engage with Their Readers. During the latest snowy weather on the East Coast, Book Riot has tweeted asking for people's snowy day reads, especially since many are still snowed in. People send in lists, and Book Riot responds. In addition, they add some of those books to lists to give people ideas on what to read while snowed in. The editors at Book Riot do tend to engage more on their blogs than social channels, but they still engage, which is vital to social media and establishing a great audience base.
Social media engagement is important to having a successful presence and campaigns. There are various things that you can do, and you should always be willing to tweak your interactions until to get things just right. Some of the different social media hacks you can use involve memes and making and sharing useful and compelling content.
3. Book Riot Uses Images for Each Post to Produce More of an Impact. When it comes to social media, people really like to see images. I've mentioned this several times throughout my blogs, and it is a common point in any social media tips blog you might read. People engage with images and tend to react to the image whereas they wouldn't have much reaction to a link or a blurb of written content. High-quality images are vital and can really boost that engagement and Book Riot seems to know this. With each and every post, they offer an image from their blog, a screenshot for their video, or they create one simply for the tweet. This helps them stand out and can help boost clicks and engagement.
When you start to write your social media content, you also need to have images at the ready. You can do what Book Riot does and use images from your blogs or videos, or you can simply create your own. Either way, this will help bring about some great results for you and your social media presence and can make you a pretty powerful force! Remember, just like with written content, images need to be high quality!
4. Book Riot Has a Successful YouTube Channel. Since Book Riot's main audience is millennials, they make sure to reach out in various ways that speak to that age group. One of the more popular formats right now is using video. Book Riot has a highly successful YouTube channel where they discuss various aspects of books, give handy tips, and many other things. In fact, their YouTube channel tends to have videos that go hand-in-hand with various blogging series to give people access to different formats. Providing this successful YouTube channel is a great way to allow fans to watch short, useful videos and learn something new about their favorite authors or books.
Videos can be great for different types of businesses and blogs, and you don't have to be a video production company to see benefits. When you think of a book blog, you don't instantly think of videos discussing various things. I mean, if it's a book blog, people obviously like to read, wouldn't they want to read the blogs instead of watch videos? Videos provide people with the chance to watch something on their commute and give them the chance to get a lot of useful information in a short time span. Sure, the audience of Book Riot loves to read, but they also like to watch videos! This can be the same for your company so set up a YouTube channel and start producing videos to see just how much of an impact they will have for your business.
5. Book Riot Helps People Add New Books to Their Reading Lists. One of the most important aspects of social media is providing people with something that is useful. People don't want to click on a link just because the headline sounds good - they want to know the content will be good. Yes, headlines are vital to your blog and social media content, but you need to go beyond that and provide excellent content. Book Riot does this by offering something all book lovers simultaneously love and hate - giving book suggestions. They provide people with lists of different books in different genres, and they also give people ideas on how to get book suggestions via social channels like Facebook.
You need to make sure you provide your audience with useful information about whatever your product is. This helps to not only give them information that is helpful, but it also sets you apart as an industry leader. If you are able to tell them where to find great recipes to use your product with or tips on how to do simple plumbing on their own, they are more likely to come back to your social sites and blogs. This means that they might just become your next client. Social media is vital to this because it helps you gain access to people who may not have stumbled across your site.
6. Book Riot Stays Relevant. Book Riot's social media campaign aims to keep things relevant, to bring in newer readers by keeping up with the latest trends. This could be with different books being adapted into films or by regularly updating people on the latest new release and what books to keep an eye out for in the upcoming month. In fact, they are currently focusing on snow days because of the majority of the country dealing with winter weather. This is a great way to provide people with relevant content, and can help lead their audience to their other blogs and podcasts. They always make sure to keep their social media presence relevant to help bring in those readers. Relevancy is vital to social media because it is what will convince someone to click on your links to read your blogs and see your products. If you aren't relevant, you'll slowly lose in the game of social media.
7. Book Riot Utilizes Multiple Content Formats for Their Audience. Another way Book Riot is awesome when it comes to social media is that they utilize multiple channels for multiple formats. As I already mentioned, they utilize YouTube to share great videos about the latest books, tips on breaking through a reading slump, and many other things. They also use Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to reach out to different audiences on those channels. They make sure to post things that their audience base can relate to, but they don't stick to just one genre or group. No matter what type of book you like, you will find something you can enjoy on their social channels and website.
Again, this is a great example of offering a wide variety of things for your client base to reach out to a wider audience. Take a look at just how many different groups you can reach out to by doing research and start reaching out to them for excellent social media results. You might be surprised by how large of an audience you can reach out to.
Improve Your Social Media Presence with Some Bookish Inspiration
Book Riot is a great example of a smaller site getting excellent results from their social media presence. Gather some inspiration from this incredible site and see just how much you are able to improve your social media presence. What are some of the things you plan on doing with your social sites? Let me know in the comments!