Dave Higgins has been a student of systems development and improvement methods since 1975. Together with Ken Orr and the late Jean-Dominique Warnier, Dave was one of the principal architects of the Data Structured Software Development (DSSD) methodology--more widely known as the Warnier/Orr approach--that was widely used in the late 1970's and early 1980's. In his capacity as a software engineering evangelist, he has performed hundreds of seminars on a wide variety of topics from program design and modification, to systems and data base design, requirements definition, planning and project management. In his capacity as a consultant, he has advised many top organizations in both the public and private sector on technology planning and implementation. In the last few years he has been specializing in Knowledge Management issues, Strategic Technology Planning and Social Media. Dave is also the author of five books on various aspects of software engineering. His first book published back in 1979, Program Design and Construction, was perhaps the first on developing quality software for personal computers and was translated into over a dozen languages. His book Data Structured Software Maintenance remains one of the few to address the practical application of structured concepts to the modification of existing programs. He is also the author of Data Structured Program Design Workshop (with Dave Scott) and Duh-2000: The Stupidest Things Said About the Year 2000 Problem (with Ken Orr). Most recently, Dave is working as a Principal Network Strategist and Social Media blogger for INgage Networks in Naples, FL.
13 ARTICLES BY Dave Higgins
- Dec. 22, 2011 Social Networking in 2012
- Oct. 27, 2011 The Role of Government in Social Networking
- July 29, 2011 Breathing New Life into an Old Social Network
- July 13, 2011 Did Netflix Just Kill the US Postal Service?
- June 29, 2011 Facebook for People Who Hate Facebook
- June 16, 2011 The Other Facebook Facial Recognition Problem
- June 2, 2011 To Hire or Not To Hire Social Media Experts
- May 27, 2011 All a-Twitter Over a Name
- May 19, 2011 Social Networking Makes You Stupid
- March 3, 2011 Privacy in the Age of Social Networking
- Feb. 17, 2011 Watson. Come Here. I Need You.
- Oct. 14, 2010 Kickstarting Snowballs: Growing Online Communities
- Sept. 9, 2010 The Challenges of Social Networking Security