Head of Global Marketing, Unmetric
A veteran marketer with more than 15 years of agency experience, Rick joins Unmetric as their first Head of Global Marketing. In this role he will lead the company's marketing initiatives across the brand, product and content communication strategies.
Prior to joining Unmetric, Rick spent two years with Y&R New York as the agency's first ever Creative Culturalist, a new position in which he worked across multiple teams and disciplines to help accounts understand the changing nature of consumer behavior and the ways in which brands and consumers create and interact with culture.
Rick has more than a decade of experience working with some of the most recognizable global brands, helping to develop and execute marketing strategies for the likes of MasterCard, Gillette, Sony Ericsson, Verizon, General Mills and Diageo.
His work has taken him around the globe, working on projects in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North and South America.
Most recently, his focus has been in the digital realm, working with clients to develop integrated marketing programs that leverage digital, social and mobile platforms. He has acted as a Social Media community manager, driven creative ideation and led teams on year-long campaigns, all with an eye on delivering results that align with marketing and business objectives.
Rick is heavily involved with the social media, branding, marketing and advertising communities, maintaining an active blog, frequently guest blogging, contributing to books and has moderated a panel on crowdsourcing at the 2010 CLIOs. He was also featured as one of 10 candidates in Grant McCracken's book, "Chief Culture Officer."
He has spoken at Social Media World Congress on gamification and in his role as a Content Advisory Board member to the 2nd Screen Society, he is a frequent speaker on SocialTV. His writing on the advertising industry has been published in Huffington Post, FastCo.Create and Digiday, and he has presented his thoughts on culture at MTV and the Miami Ad School.
43 ARTICLES BY Rick Liebling
- Jan. 31, 2015 17 Brands That Want Some Super Bowl Action No Matter What
- May 1, 2013 Digital Measurement Is About To Flip TV On Its Head
- Jan. 11, 2013 It's Time To Consider A Better Metric: Investment On Return
- Nov. 11, 2012 Today's Sci-Fi Writers Are Tomorrow's Don Drapers
- Aug. 27, 2012 Creative Struggles (and Social Cluelessness) Look to Continue at NBC
- March 22, 2012 Google and Nokia Patents Pave the Way for the Future of Advertising
- Feb. 20, 2012 Being a Futurist in a Half-Made World
- Jan. 4, 2012 Understanding Games: Gamification, Game Mechanics, Game Design
- Jan. 4, 2012 SoLoMo: Your Buzzword for 2012
- Dec. 16, 2011 Thoughts on The Millward Brown / Dynamic Logic Digital Predictions For 2012
- Dec. 16, 2011 HP's Rebrand Efforts: An Inside Look
- Sept. 5, 2011 Social TV: Broadcast Networks in Trouble
- Sept. 4, 2011 Coca-Cola & Intel: Two Social Media Approaches
- Aug. 15, 2011 The Big Idea is Alive and Well
- Aug. 10, 2011 DearPhotograph Builds Around Emotion
- Aug. 8, 2011 Turntable.fm Gets Social Network Building Right
- Aug. 8, 2011 CEO Interview: Brandon Evans of Crowdtap
- Aug. 7, 2011 Social Network Marketing: 6 Things Social Sites Can Do to Keep Users Interested
- Aug. 7, 2011 Is 'Gamification' The Right, Best Name?
- July 28, 2011 Social Influence? Viral Video? Not so fast.
- July 27, 2011 Google Beyond Google+ - Five Areas Google Could Soon Be Competing In
- July 25, 2011 Social Media Behavioral Change: Goodbye MyYahoo! and iGoogle
- July 24, 2011 Beyond Google Plus: What's next for Google?
- July 20, 2011 Time to Rethink the Beta-Tester Strategy
- July 19, 2011 Social Media's Dirty Little 12-Letter Word