B.L. Ochman is a uniquely experienced digital pioneer who has been helping blue chip brands incorporate social media into their marketing strategy since 1996. She CEO of Maximum-Plus Workshops for Google+ Success, a Google-certified GooglePlus Helpouts Coach, YouTube partner and YouTube Channel Creator. Publisher of What's Next Blog, she also is co-producer of the weekly Beyond Social Media Show and an active Google+participant
With experience in verticals from cars to cookies, she's served brands including Ford Motors, Meijer, Transitions Lenses, Cendant, Simon & Schuster, McGraw-Hill, Mrs. Fields Cookies and American Greetings. She's co-founder of the pet lover's site and blog Pawfun.
She contributes to Ad Age Digital Next, Mashable, Business Week and others. On Twitter, she is @whatsnext. She is co-founder of the pet lovers' site and blog, Pawfun.com - where you can create and send free photo e-cards featuring your favorite pets' photos.
Accolades and street cred: 25 Women Who Rock Social Media 2010 and 2014; One of 25 of The Most Powerful and Influential Women in Social Media; Top 150 Social Media Marketing Influencers; AdAge Power 150 blogger. Contributor to AdAge Digital Next, Mashable, Social Media Today, MediaPost and BusinessWeek. Blogger since 2001. Speaker at more than 25 conferences.
20 ARTICLES BY BL Ochman
- May 8, 2015 Google+ Collections: A New Way to Curate and Share Content
- Jan. 27, 2014 G+ Wiz B.L. Ochman's Tips for Creating a Great Google+ Profile [VIDEO]
- Jan. 24, 2014 5 Pervasive Myths About Google+
- Nov. 26, 2013 Three Reasons Google Plus Should Not Be Compared to Facebook
- June 12, 2013 Adobe Creative Days Creates Real-Time Photoshop Bus Stop [VIDEO]
- Jan. 3, 2013 Twitter Bios Show Exponential Increase - to 181,000 - Self-proclaimed Social Media Gurus
- Dec. 22, 2012 Brands: Abandon the Easily Pranked "Tell Us Why You Love Us" Contest
- April 24, 2012 Marketing goes to the dogs: owners swap poop for wifi
- March 7, 2012 McDonald's, NYPD Punked by YES Men "Three Strikes, You're In" Spoof Campaign
- Dec. 9, 2010 Social CRM - Thank you Ben & Jerry's: a brand that's social, for real
- Dec. 2, 2010 Facebook Community Pages: corporate reputation nightmares waiting to happen? Claim yours now!
- Sept. 13, 2010 Dilbert: New Social Media Manager's First Day
- Nov. 19, 2009 Why Do So Many Companies Hide Their Social Media Involvement?
- Nov. 10, 2009 Three Top Reasons Why Social Media is Still a Tough Sell
- Oct. 30, 2009 Top 13 Guidelines for Commenting on Blog Posts
- Oct. 14, 2009 Drew Carey Ups the Ante to $1 Million in Twitter Charity Auction. Take That Cancer! You Jerk!
- Sept. 25, 2009 Three Top Ways to Damage Your Brand With Social Media
- Sept. 24, 2009 The Top Six Reasons Companies are Still Scared of Social Media
- Sept. 11, 2009 9/11: memory and miracle
- Sept. 9, 2009 People of Walmart - a runaway hit Wal-mart can't (& shouldn't) stop