9 Social Media Fun Facts to Shock or Maybe Just Awe
The following stats are based on information about Social Media usage in the United States.
1. Almost 1/2 Of Twitter Users Are Democrats
Twittercrats find this #Debatable? This is compared to approximately 30% of the U.S. of the population being Democrats overall.
2. By Far, Facebook Still The Most Addicting
Stalking has never been more fun! 23% of Facebook's users check their account at least five times every single day.
3. More than 1/2 Are Getting Social
Still awkward in public? Sure, but our fingers can clickety-clack away with "Don Draper" esque poise and sophistication. Americans (12 and up) could push 75% Social Media usage within the next 5 years.
4. Nearly 3/4 Aren't "Checking In"
Most Americans still think they need Gym shorts for Foursquare. In fact, while only 3% have claimed to checked in this year, it is even down from the year before. The concept of "checking-in" will probably soon be replaced by "Opting-in" to share location data.
5. Only over 1/4 Are Following Brands on Facebook
After all the work Businesses and Brands put into reaching the Facebook audience, there is still a lot of work to be done to reach out and incentivize and audience to like and participate with Facebook pages.
6. Nearly 1/4 Are using Social Media Several times a day
There aren't many things people do every day, but Facebook and Twitter make the list for many.
7. Almost 1/2 Say Facebook has an impact on what they buy
As compared to last year, Facebook's influence on purchasing has doubled. For Twitter, on the other hand, buying influence ranks somewhere between 1-5%.
8. 3/4 of Twitter are posting their own Tweets
Followers, Groupies and Disciples have turned into active participators up from only 50% updating their statuses in 2010.
9. Over 1/2 of people have used Facebook on a Mobile device
While over 50% of users have used their Mobile devices to access Facebook, over 1/4 use them regularly to see their feed, post, share and like.
Research Via Jay Baer
Follow RM Downey on Twitter