As brands and people flock to the web the rate of change grows exponentially on a daily basis. From the Big courting Mergers and Acquisitions to the little creating new applications, new communities and new ideas, the conversations are swelling like rivers.
This collective attraction is creating a passion for the future, the next BIG thing and new ways to connect, collaborate, converse about anything and everything. The key word here is passion which has been missing from the workforce and in May cases our individual lives.
Does Passion Matter?
Passion is an individual and collective emotion that drives people to accomplish and do great things. Passion defined as (emotion), feeling very strongly about a subject or person, usually referring to feelings of intense desire and attraction
Max Kalehoff, of Online Spin writes in his article titled Why Passion Matters "Think of the places in your business where the presence of passion really matters â€" making you stand out beyond the rest, or sink into mediocrity. It's about approaching things with the utmost thought and care, versus doing anything less."
"In my experience, there are a few places in business especially sensitive to passion:"
- Listening and understanding your customers and the market.
- Innovating based on your market insight and intuition.
- Building your product with quality and speed.
- Ensuring the highest aesthetic and usability.
- Refining your product over and over and over again, until it's better and better and better.
- Paying attention to all the details and signals that comprise the experience.
- Inspiring your employees, customers, investors and other stakeholders.
- Engaging and collaborating with customers.
- Fixing things quickly when they go wrong â€" and then making them far better.
- Using your product yourself and recommending it to friends because you truly believe it's the best.
Now imagine a business environment where all the people are ignited with passion at serving the needs of the customer, both internal and external. To accomplish this the organizations would have to adopt Socialutions as its management methods and start fresh with a new perspective about the business, their business.
What say you?