All this "social stuff" is creating a transformation of knowledge, management, media, technology and individual choices. The prevailing cultures that are driving all business must undergo transformation in order to survive. In order to understand a transformation one must look from the outside in. The transformation is profound and driven by collective knowledge shared, gained and applied.
Profound Knowledge of the Networked World is the never ending process of learning the dynamics of Socialutions and applying the learning to the creation of new knowledge.
Profound Knowledge is gained from awareness, observation and interactions created by social exchange in a networked world. The first step is transformation of the individual who inturn help transformation of crowds.
This transformation is already underway. It comes from understanding and adoption of a new "system". The individual, transformed, gains perceived new meaning to their life, to events, to new abilities, to interactions between people. Once the individual understands the new "system" of profound knowledge, they will apply its principles in every kind of relationship. They will have a basis for judgment of their own decisions and for transformation of the organizations, institutions, governments and communities that they belong to.
The individual is being transformed and creating a new body of knowledge for the masses to learn from and apply including:
- Setting an example of participation in the networked world
- Learning the dynamics and assumed rules and roles of a networked world
- Continually teaches others how to succeed in the networked world
- Helps people, organizations, institutions and governments to pull away from their current practice and beliefs and move into the new philosophy without the need to cling to the past
The layout of profound knowledge appears here in four parts, all related to each other:
- Appreciation for a system of people and technology
- Acceleration of Knowledge gained from topical conversations
- Learning: What is being discovered and applied as the basis for future advancement of the technology and those that use it
- Psychology of how people relate and accomplish individual and collective objectives in a network
An individual need not be proficient in any part nor in all four parts in order to understand it and to apply it. While most individuals would not label life as a "system of profound knowledge" one would intuitively identify with the elements which provide the basis of definition. It is profound because the dynamics and subsequent implications have no historical reference yet the "system" grows in reach and influence everyday.
Our research defines twenty factors that collectively create the basis of Profound Knowledge of a Networked World. The transformation before us will be far reaching, disruptive and global in scope. The twenty factors that influence the transformation are discussed in our book and they provide the basis for optimization of the "systems" developing before our eyes. When we use the word "systems" we are not referring to technology alone rather we are referring to the interrelated processes, dynamics and connectivity of the factors that enhance or constrain progress. Unlike previous transformations, which started at the top, this transformation is starting at the bottom, one to one to millions.
The more we learn the faster things become transformed including the economy.What say you?.