This is the first post on the new dev blog:
- Discussions - We need a place to talk with each other that gives us more functionality than we have now. So, it's time to move away from the mailing list. In the new discussions section, you'll find "Hot Topics" for the most popular conversations. And you can subscribe to the categories and threads that interest you most. Lastly, we created a "Dev Teatime" section to focus on a more social side of the community. We hope to get to know more of you through this feature, so please check it out.
- Developer Blog - The new blog provides a place to learn about important API announcements, events, tips and how-tos, case studies on great apps, product insights, and more. We'll be featuring content from a variety of different teams here at Twitter, as well as highlighting great applications built on the platform. We'll also be featuring guest blog posts from community members.
- Better Documentation - The docs have better structure and searchability and should feel more intuitive. They are easier to update, so you'll know you are always reading the most up to date information when you're looking for what you need.
- Improved Apps Management - The new app manager has a streamlined design that provides more comprehensive information for your app.
- Enhanced Search - Powered by Apache Solr, searching the new dev.twitter.com also got a boost. We have a unified search engine with filters and expect results to be more relevant. Also, we can search the archive from our Groups mailing list.