The social web represents people interacting finding solutions to problems, information, career opportunities and doing so in a new organized structure.
A structure never before experienced and whose dynamics change all the old rules and paradigms of problem solving.
To better understand this new dynamic we must try and define it using a combination of words from our old dictionary.
The dictionary defines solution as:
- An act, plan or other means, used or proposed, to solve a problem.
- (business) The act or process of explaining or proposing an approach to solving a problem.
- (chemistry) A homogeneous mixture, which may be liquid, gas or solid, formed by dissolving one or more substances.
- (mathematics) The answer to a problem.
- (law) Satisfaction of a claim or debt.
The word social has come to mean a lot of things but the basic definition is:
- characterized by, or inclined to living together in communities
- Of or relating to the structure, organization, or functioning of society.
- Something worked out to explain, resolve, or provide a method for dealing with and settling a problem.
Thus we've coined a new word, "Socialutions" having the definition of Tpeople, communities and organizations leveraging technology to interact with people for the purpose of solving problems. The act of working together with others to create new solutions to old paradigms of communications and interaction without boundaries and with limitless reach.
This definition best defines the new paradigm of problem solving and finding innovative solutions through social exchanges. Socialutions redefines organizational and institutional methods used previously to manage people, groups as well as customers and suppliers.
When a new method or paradigm is introduced the old methods and mindsets must be thrown out in order for the new method to truly be optimized. Optimization of knowledge comes from collaboration of many and wisdom can come from the crowds. Yesterdays solutions to customer service, product development, human resource management and a host of other traditional organizational processes are being turned upside down and inside out.
For the old to adapt and flourish in the new paradigm they must understand the dynamics, the tools and the methods of Socialutions. Otherwise any attempts to leverage the new paradigm by forcing it to fit into old methods will create social rejections and the old problems will remain however the results will be worse than previously experienced. Why? Because people don't like being tricked into something that isn't real, social and involves them in finding solutions.
Companies must begin to define Socialutions to their existing and future problems before the problems become a social and PR nightmare. Socialutions is about uniting relations aimed at a common purpose. More on Socialutions to follow.
What say you?