How to Build a Sustainable Social Marketing Strategy [Infographic]
By the time you figure out what works, it doesn't.
That's social media for you - a constantly changing frontier where "best practices" are best because they're unique and interesting, standing out from the crowd. They challenge the status quo, suggesting a new and better way of engaging with an audience.
And then a bunch of other people figure out how to do the same thing.
Well, it doesn't have to be that way. If you're able to learn some core best practices, you can apply your skills to whatever social trend-of-the-day may come along. Some things, like authenticity and responsiveness, will never go out of style.
Build a Better Social Marketing Strategy
A new infographic from Yeager Marketing shares some timeless advice for building a better social marketing strategy. (Which - by the way - is worth it.) Did you know, for example...
- 6 hours of social media management per week = 66% increase in lead generation and 61% improvement in search engine rankings.
That's less than a fifth of a full-time employee, yet those are results that many businesses would gladly hire someone to do for 15 hours a week if it drove the same results.
Maximize Your Efforts on Social
If you're looking to maximize your efforts, squeezing the most from those six hours a week, here's what you need to know:
- 80% of your audience will read your title - But only 20% will read your content. There are two ways of approaching this statistic. Glass half-empty: "That's really disappointing." Glass half-full: "Oh, so I only have to come up with an awesome title?" The optimistic - and strategic - approach may be writing great titles and getting wide distribution. Of course, you still need solid content to back it. But by putting extra effort into the title, you can widen your reach significantly.
- 43% of people want more video content from marketers - Not a videographer? You don't have to be. 92% of marketers are making videos with the assets they already have. (Also, 90 seconds is the optimum length time for video engagement on Facebook; you don't have to be Hitchcock.)
- Put an emphasis on visual content - We want your content - not you - to do the heavy lifting. So, instead of sinking tremendous effort into writing, put it into a visual instead. After all, visual content is shared 40x more than text alone.
- In B2B? Use infographics - Infographics are shared 3x more often on social than any other B2B content.
- Avoid clickbait titles - Lastly, remember that you're working hard to earn trust, so, avoid clickbait titles that overpromise and under-deliver. You don't want to lose your hard-earned credibility with a false title or two.
Check out the infographic below to learn more.
The post How to Build a Sustainable Social Marketing Strategy appeared first on BuzzPlant.
Follow Bob Hutchins on Twitter