SO WHO AM I ?
Well, I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG before joining the printing industry as a Financial Controller. I was lucky that I worked for a truly inspirational leader who recognised some kind of talent for leading people and at the ripe old age of 25 I was promoted to Managing Director. I knew then that I loved developing and inspiring people to bring out that talent that I believe is inside all of us.
I continued in industry working for FMCG companies for 20 years latterly as a Group HR/Finance Director for a major worldwide brand but then decided to establish my own company - The Engaging Brand.
I guess that I am really proud of building The Engaging Brand as I started with a budget of only £500 and now it is a successful thriving business that has helped many others achieve their dreams - all done through social media. Engaging people internally and externally with your brand is so important and I love helping people find innovative ways of engaging people in this hectic modern world.
The Engaging Brand was my dream of working with passionate people who want to grow their businesses through social media - often on tight budgets.
Much of my time is spent speaking and delivering workshops on branding, social leadership and social media.
As for my style well, I love this quote from a Melcrum event that said I was "a ball of energy and crammed packed of ideas".
I also produce The Engaging Brand podcast - nominated six years running for the Best Business podcast - which is my way of giving something back to the business world which has been so wonderful to me. The show interviews a wide range of people looking for creative ideas of how to develop both you and your business.
And a recent addition to the CV is a 1st Class Honours Degree in Law, which I am very proud of and hopefully will be progressing on to a Ph.D researching social media and the effect on the modern employment contract.
If you want to contact me directly to see how I can help you grow your business then you can
Phone me on +44 (0)7914 381864
E-mail me at [email protected]
Or engage with me on twitter at http://twitter.com/engagingbrand
Awards and Recognition
The Engaging Brand names in Top Leadership Blogs
The Engaging Brand is in Top UK Online Marketing Blogs
The Engaging Brand Blog in the Power 150 Of Advertising Age Blogs
The Engaging Brand podcast voted in Top 10 of Small Business Radio
Nominated for Best Business Podcast at the Podcast Awards 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
The Engaging Brand podcast voted in Top 10 Marketing Podcasts
Voted in Top 16 Most Valuable Podcasts
Listed in the Small Business Top 100 Small Business Trends
Reviewed on Cool Podcasts
Voted 21st in the Top 100 Best Business Blogs
Top 25 Marketing Blog
Named in 100 Best Career Resources for Grads and PhDs by OnlinePhDProgram.org
27 ARTICLES BY Anna Farmery
- Nov. 10, 2014 Is It Time You Made This Business Confession?
- Oct. 27, 2014 Think Big and Act Small as an Entrepreneur
- Oct. 11, 2014 Think Call to Reward, NOT Call to Action
- Sept. 29, 2014 How to Win More Sales By Sacrificing More
- Sept. 21, 2014 Quick Way to Improve Customer Experience
- Sept. 7, 2014 3 Easy Self-Development Tips for Entrepreneurs
- Aug. 23, 2014 Frustrated? Here's 3 Steps to Understanding Your Customer
- Aug. 17, 2014 The Brand Mistake You Must Avoid
- Aug. 9, 2014 How Inner Weirdness Can Help Your Brand Development
- Aug. 2, 2014 Do You Suffer from the Entrepreneur's Dilemma?
- July 18, 2014 How Honorable Are Your Social Media Intentions?
- Nov. 30, 2013 How Often Do You Speak to Your Six Inner Strangers?
- Sept. 1, 2013 10 Questions To Develop Your Business
- May 30, 2013 The Social Skills Refinery for Social Leadership
- Jan. 28, 2013 Content Is King: How to Master Digital Marketing
- April 2, 2012 Create More Value than Content....
- March 13, 2012 Social Marketing - The Annie Leibovitz Way
- March 9, 2012 5 Approaches to Social Media and Social Marketing
- Jan. 28, 2012 What Is Your Resistance?
- Oct. 30, 2011 Do You Want a Catalogue of Hits or Just 'The One'?
- Oct. 3, 2011 6 Skills We All Need in Business Today
- Oct. 1, 2011 The Story of the... Brand
- Sept. 26, 2011 The Mind, the Heart and the Gut Marketing Principle
- Aug. 18, 2011 Abraham Lincoln on Sincerity and Social Media
- Aug. 3, 2011 6 Tips to Reinvent Your Next Meeting