For seven years, I have researched, analyzed and blogged about Customer Experience (CX), social media marketing, social business and the collaborative (or sharing) economy. I welcome your feedback on my posts here on Social Media Today or my blog at ExperienceTheBlog.com.
My background includes more than 20 years of experience in digital, brand, customer experience and social business. Currently, I am the Director of Global Voice of Customer at a Fortune 100 Financial Services firm. Prior to this:
- I led social business at USAA, a firm recognized for its innovative use of communities and social customer care within the financial service industry.
- Consulted and published analysis as a Forrester analyst covering digital marketing and social media in the Bay Area.
- Led a diverse $9-million agency team with specialties in digital development, digital experiential marketing and community strategy.
I am passionate about monitoring current trends and understanding what they mean to marketing, product development, customer care and other corners of the enterprise. I continue to evaluate how new mobile and social behaviors and technologies are combining to change fundamental attitudes about the way we select, purchase, consume and share products and services. The future will bring a great deal of innovation that offers opportunities to organizations that are agile and willing to cannibalize their own business models (but it will severely challenge those organizations that cannot.)
60 ARTICLES BY Augie Ray
- May 30, 2016 For A Better Customer Experience, Evoke Emotion Rather Than Manufacture It
- Aug. 22, 2015 Burn It Down, Start From Scratch And Build a Social Media Strategy That Works
- April 14, 2015 Killing Unicorns: Putting Sky-High Startup Valuations into Perspective
- April 2, 2015 Why Meerkat and Periscope Will Not Change the World
- March 17, 2015 USAA: "Purpose" Never Retires
- March 10, 2015 Seven New Social Media Studies You Probably Won't Hear About at SXSW
- March 3, 2015 The CX Pyramid: Why Most Customer Experience Efforts Fail
- Feb. 24, 2015 The Award for Best Social Media Management Software Goes To...
- Feb. 19, 2015 Social Media Is a Customer Channel Before It Is a Marketing One
- Jan. 31, 2015 How to Avoid a Fumble With Your Brand's Super Bowl Social Media Engagement
- Jan. 13, 2015 USAA, Uber and Colorado Embrace the Collaborative Economy
- Jan. 4, 2015 What 2014's Ugly Social Media Stock Performance Means for the Future
- Dec. 25, 2014 5 Tips to Help CMOs Improve Social Media ROI in 2015
- Nov. 24, 2014 Why an Uber Decline May Be Good for the Emerging Collaborative Economy
- Sept. 3, 2014 Firms That Transformed in the Internet Era to Prepare for the Collaborative Era
- Aug. 26, 2014 What Marketers CANNOT Learn from the #IceBucketChallenge
- Aug. 12, 2014 Customer Loyalty Won't Save Your Company From the Collaborative Economy
- Aug. 6, 2014 New (and Very Old) Consumer Attitudes Support Rapid Growth in the Collaborative Economy
- Aug. 4, 2014 Old, New, Newer, and New Newer: The Past, Present, and Future of the Collaborative Economy
- June 5, 2014 United Breaks Another Guitar and the Social Media Hype Cycle Comes Full Circle
- May 13, 2014 Six Easy Questions to See If You Suffer From Social Media BS (Brand Schizophrenia)
- April 4, 2014 The Problem With Social Media Case Studies
- April 4, 2014 What If Everything You Know About Social Media Marketing Is Wrong?
- Feb. 11, 2014 The Mind-Boggling Lunacy of People Impressed with Esurance's Super Bowl Campaign
- Feb. 3, 2014 10 Tips For Your Brand's Super Bowl Real-Time Marketing