- Tell them why - A brief explanation of what the customer should expect when they sign up for your emails. Tell them the types of emails they will get, and how often you plan to send to them.
- Ask for preferences - This will make sure that the emails you send to these customers are relevant and timely.
- Let them know they can opt out - Just a brief not telling customers they can opt out at any time, so they have comfort in the fact that if they don't like what they get, they can drop your emails.
- Send a mail right away - You should send a mail to new sign ups as soon as possible, within a couple of days at the latest. This way, customers won't forget they signed up for your mails.
- Stick to your word - If you tell customers that you're going to send one message a week, only send one a week, not 3 a week. If you ask for their preferences, send based on those preferences.
These five basic tips will make sure that your customers have a better experience when registering and receiving your emails.