Agencies, solo entrepreneurs and growing businesses attempting to understand the intricacies of social media are facing a barrage of information, articles, advice, and 'How to' blogs out there. It would take years to sift and sort the wheat from the chaff.
Here's my advice - if you want to understand social media, watch cats.
Why? The reasons include:
* Cats do not scream, beg or demand attention - they solicit your focus at exactly the right time and for the perfect amount of time
* Cats are masters of positioning - they always, pretty much without fail, position themselves in the ideal place in front of you
* Cats are excellent observers - they don't bound in, they observe, watch, learn and adapt to their audience
* Cats give appropriately - they seem to give the right amount of attention back to you, just when you want it
* Cats understand conversation - they appreciate that you want to talk to them, engage them, and they let you do just that
* Cats don't broadcast - they are the masters of two-way engagement, and appreciate it's all about give and take
Here's my cats, Tanka and Impish, demonstrating perfect positioning in their own definitive styles:
So, when you're wondering how to observe, engage, focus your audience, and hold attention on social media spaces...ask the felines.