Social media marketing requires work. Creating content, curating content, listening, engaging... And with all the effort that goes into it, one needs to be able to show results.
As a Non-Profit, Teach For America's social media strategy is focused on growing their community to raise brand awareness, increase recruitment of teachers, and raise donations. In order to reach their goals and see a return on investment, they've adopted a process which Stacey Jaffe, their Managing Director of Social Media and Paid Ads, refers to as the "content loop."
Teach For America looks at social media users as one giant focus group listening opportunity. After listening to and discovering what your audience wants, it's time to create content in the most affordable format. If your audience likes it, you can reproduce it in another format later.
The next step of the content loop is to optimize and publish your content, then immediately begin amplifying via social media and email. You're now at the beginning of the content loop again - listening. If the content is well received, consider re-purposing it or taking another angle on the topic.
On episode 105 of the Social Business Engine podcast, you'll hear directly from Jaffe about their content loop and how this process can be applied in any organization too.
On This Episode of The Social Business Engine, You'll Discover...
- What is Teach For America's "content loop" and how it allows them to spot a trend in the moment and encourage further engagement.
- Why Stacey says social media isn't free and how she expects to see more paid media as the industry and platforms grow.
- How TFA uses paid media to recruit teachers starting with lead generation ads followed by remarketing.
- How TFA measures success by looking to the number of teacher applications and channel growth and engagement.
- Why Stacey Jaffe recommends that other non-profits study brands they admire, form hypotheses and test them, as well as to study the social media industry as a whole through blogs, podcasts, conferences.
Featured on This Episode of The Social Business Engine Podcast
- Teach For America's website
- Stacey Jaffe on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Social Business Workshop for Business Development
- Bernie Borges on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Social Business Engine website
- Social Business Engine on Twitter: @sbengine
- Subscribe to the Social Business Engine show