You can get more details here and/or here.
Facebook has filed a major lawsuit accusing 25 different domain name holders of being in violation of the Lanham Act. The majority of the domain names are typos/variations of Facebook.com. ElliotsBlog.com has the full copy of the lawsuit here (PDF).
Given their previous success in this arena, the outcome is likely a win for Facebook. There are 104 domain names in question but here are 12 of my favorites:
- facebooki.com - A Chinese Apple ripoff?
- facebgook.com - That's racist!
- faceboop.com - "I boop your face. Boop."
- wwwfaceboobs.com - Sounds kinda fun to me.
- wwwfaceboob.com - Take the plural away and it sounds creepy instead.
- wwwfacefook.com - OK, that sounds a bit raunchy.
- facetook.com - A social network for Hobbits?
- de-defacebook.com - A double negative makes this facebook.com?
- wwwfacehook.com - Extreme piercing.
- facebookbook.com - Yo dawg, we heard you like Facebook...
- facebookfever.com - And the only prescription is more cowbell.
- faceboom.com - The Michael Bay alternative.