Failing to focus rigorously on our own activity reduces efficiency and consequently reduces results, because there isn't a salesperson alive that believes they have enough time in their working week to complete all the activities they want to achieve!
Time is a huge constraint on salespeople's activities so that when their manager asks them for more, it's no wonder that they are overwhelmed.
Here are twenty essential questions that I ask myself at the end of every day; and maybe you should do the same:
• Did I accomplish all of my high-priority goals?
• Did I reach or surpass all of my other goals?
• Did I invest as much time as I planned in persuading others?
• Did I contact every prospect that was on my list today? If not, why not? What prevented me?
• How much time did I spend prospecting for new clients?
• How much time did I waste procrastinating today?
• What is the most productive thing I did today?
• What is the least productive thing I did today?
• Of the things I consider a waste of time, could I have avoided them or eliminated them?
• How much did I spend doing something that will profit me? Can I devote more time here?
• Was today a productive day for me? For my company?
• Did I take care of all the paperwork I needed to care of?
• How many of today's activities have helped me achieve my goals?
• How much time did I allocate to my family, friends, etc.?
• What can I do to improve the quality time I need to spend with my family/friends, etc?
• How much time did I allocate to me?
• If I could live today again, what would I change?
• What did I do today that I feel really good about?
• Did I send 'thank you' notes to the people who gave me business and to those who helped me secure that business?
• What or who wasted the greatest amount of any time?
Finally, And In Summary, Here Are Ten Common Time Traps to Be Avoided
• Desperately seeking what should not be lost - Become more organized
• Failure to do the job right the first time - Work to 'Right First Time' principles
• Procrastination - Get to the Point
• Unnecessary or unnecessarily long telephone calls - Be Succinct
• Unnecessary or unnecessarily long meeting - Be Rigorous
• Check lunches that last too long - Be Honest
• Negative thinking - Be Positive
• Driving time - Plan
• Unconfirmed appointments - Be realistic
• Laziness - Be diligent - Productivity = Results
The most important word in time and self-management is.........NO!
Today's World Headlines
You still have time to register for Dr. Tony Alessandra's upcoming Masterclass - "What Exactly is Collaborative Selling"
"Selling today requires creating long-term customers rather than one-shot sales. It has evolved from a transaction mentality to building relationships; from persuading and telling to problem-solving and helping; from low-price selling to value-added selling. In this dynamic program, Dr. Tony shows audiences how to turn customers into business apostles who "preach the gospel" according to your company."
Only 100 places.. so do hurry and register for FREE
Today's Top Sales Article is: "14 Steps To Successful Cold-Calling" By Mark Hunter
and finally, Today's Top Sales Contributor is Niall Devitt