Bizzuka, the company I serve as marketing director, recently rolled out its own blog component, part of its more comprehensive web content management system. Big whoop you say. In the world of all things blog, it probably isn't, but to us it's a big deal.
The platform doesn't pretend to offer the same level of functionality as WordPress or Movable Type. That was not its intended purpose. Rather, it's designed to be a light-weight, but highly useful blog that's completely integrated into our CMS.
While I use the term "lightweight," the blog component still offers a good level of functionality, including:
- Categorized content
- RSS feeds at both site and category levels (working on a bug fix here)
- Social media sharing via sites like Digg, del.icio.us, Technorati and Facebook
- Comment moderation
- Prurient word filtering
- Multi-media file embedding
- Multiple format file attachment
- WYSIWYG and HTML editing - And we have a kick-a** editor; much better than many
The first Bizzuka client to use the component is Cox Communications of Acadiana with the site Innovate Lafayette. (At the time of this writing they only have a welcome post up, but will be engaging in more active posting shortly.)
It's our hope that several of our clients will find the component to be useful. And, if they have questions about how or why, they're welcome to call me. I'll give 'em an earful!
Link to original post