Vanessa DiMauro is CEO of Leader Networks, a research and consulting firm that helps companies use digital and social technologies to gain competitive advantage. She is a strategist, advisor, researcher, author, and keynote speaker.
Vanessa is a pioneer in the field of online communities and in using digital business solutions to gain customer insight and increase revenue. She has shaped the digital business strategies of some of the world's most influential companies, including Cisco Systems, Hitachi, Hewlett-Packard, Royal Dutch Shell, Cognizant, and the World Bank.
Before founding Leader Networks, she held leadership positions at Cambridge Technology Partners, Computerworld, and CXO Systems. Her perspective on digital business has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, and Forbes.
Vanessa was named one of Forbes' Top 40 Social Media Masters Worldwide and one of CEOWorld's Most Powerful Women in Social Media. She was also recognized as Research Fellow of the Year by the Society for New Communications Research.
Vanessa holds a B.A. and M.A. from Boston College and is faculty at Columbia University in the Information and Knowledge Strategy (IKNS) Master's program. She sits on several boards, including the Society for New Communications Research of The Conference Board and Network Activator.
209 ARTICLES BY Vanessa DiMauro
- Oct. 12, 2017 Digital Transformation Tools Take A Backseat To Strategy
- Aug. 29, 2017 6 Ways Online Communities Boost Business
- Aug. 9, 2017 How to Demonstrate the Business Value of Your Community-Building Efforts
- April 25, 2017 How To Make The Most of the Social Shakeup Show
- March 24, 2017 3 Tips on How to Generate Revenue from Your Online Communities
- Dec. 16, 2016 7 Digital Marketing Predictions for 2017
- Nov. 7, 2016 How to Give Your Channel Partners the (Digital) Love They Deserve
- Oct. 16, 2016 7 Key Trends in Online B2B Customer Communities
- May 5, 2016 Social Selling: Let's Get A Few Things Straight
- Feb. 20, 2016 What Makes a Successful Community?
- Feb. 4, 2016 2016: Welcome to the Year of Social Business Strategy
- Nov. 12, 2015 The 10 Most Important Questions for Community Managers to Ask [Infographic]
- Oct. 17, 2015 Announcing: Online Community Readiness and Growth Research Study
- Sept. 9, 2015 The Perils of a Neglected Online Community
- June 24, 2015 6 Things Rock-Star Community Managers Never Do
- June 16, 2015 The Importance of Social Engagement in Social Selling
- May 12, 2015 Why Building Social Capital Matters
- April 3, 2015 Social Business Strategy: How to Prevent a Digital Muddle
- Feb. 27, 2015 Joining the Customer Journey Using Online Communities
- Feb. 12, 2015 An Interview With Rahul Sachdev, CEO of Get Satisfaction
- Jan. 25, 2015 Community Manager Appreciation Day 2015: Looking Ahead and Back
- Nov. 19, 2014 Building the Business Case for Community
- Nov. 3, 2014 The Social Consumer Study: What It Means to Customer Service Professionals
- Oct. 23, 2014 A Call for Social Media Restraint During a Crisis
- Oct. 15, 2014 The Future of Social Business [VIDEO]